Friday, January 26, 2007

bits and pieces

I just don’t have the will to post lately. Life is moving along just fine but I often find myself wishing that the winter would move by a little quicker and that the countdown to baby were a little shorter. All in due time I suppose but I am looking forward to better sleep (I know, ha ha, but I actually prefer bleary baby feeding waking to peeing 7 times a night and fucked up dreams) and less food restrictions. I either have a bladder infection (will know in a few days) or yet another food is causing irritation and I can’t figure out what it is. If it’s wheat (suspected) I am going top be very sad but I suppose anything is better than the current discomfort. Too much information, I know. Just be thankful I’m not sharing any number of other pregnancy grievances with you. On the plus side in that department, the baby is insanely active and seems to be in a position (head down and really super low) that the midwife is thrilled with.

Work if fine but I still have three fairly major projects/products to complete in the next couple of months in addition to the daily crap and I am running out of steam. I just cut back my in office hours, which is an improvement personally but I am napping and screwing around in the afternoons instead of working so the projects are not getting any closer to completion anytime fast.

This morning Henry woke up early and sort of grumpy and Jason got up with him so I could sleep in a bit. Instead of sleeping I ended up overhearing an hour of foreshadowing of what their interaction during Henry’s preteen years it could be like. It wouldn’t be fair to say any more except, oh god, no thanks, hell no, no way.

Aside from a few minor issues Henry is great lately. Today he and I went on a walk, during which he was very quiet. At one point I said, “it sure is cold out here isn’t it?” To which he replied, “hey mommy. He haw. Yippie yay!” He’s taken to apologizing when he’s mistaken about something lately and I find it hilarious. He pointed out an “eagle bird” today and I mentioned (not really correcting him as much as neutrally observing) that it looked like it might be a seagull. To which he typically replied, “oh, yeah. Sorry mommy. Seagull! Ha!” He also praised me three times with, “oh. terrific, mommy!” when I counted spoons as he requested, bounced a yo yo like toy as he directed, and then when I served him his dinner. This kid cracks be up beyond belief.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather Bea said...

It is just being big and pregnant but then they throw all other sorts of things in like food reactions. Oh, the up all night going pee thing is loads up fun too. I was ready to hit the next person that said "it is just mother nature getting you ready for no sleep when the baby comes".

Hope it isn't a wheat reaction, and that you are able to just relax a bit. Don't worry you will get caught up on everything in time.

1/29/2007 8:42 AM  
Blogger Bridgermama said...

I am sorry you have been uncomfortable, she will be here soon. If it makes you feel better, it seems like just yesterday you told me you were pregnant. :)
Oh and just so you know I think I may love your son!

1/31/2007 9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home