Wednesday, November 29, 2006

attachment

The babysitter worked out just fine. Henry didn’t care at all when I left and then Jason got home while he was still napping. Apparently when he realized it was Jason and the babysitter was gone he freaked out. Am I the only person in the world whose kid has never once cared when left with a stranger (to him)? Or anyone beside Jason I guess. That is, he has cried a couple of times in his 2 years and 4 months of life when I left him with Jason and done the same to me when Jason has left but that’s it. He’s happy when we come back but not overly so and fine when we’re gone. I know I should be glad but I can’t help but feel a little sad when he cheerfully says “see ya later mama. Bye bye!” At least he willingly gives hugs and kisses and unlimited cuddles when we are together.

On an unrelated note, it’s amazing what a few nice pieces of clothing that fit will do for my psyche. I ordered a bunch of stuff from Gap maternity online and most of it actually looks good and fits. Amazing. I may actually make it through this pregnancy in something besides stretched out yoga pants and too short tee shirts. Thank God.

On another unrelated note, Jason's parents did the thing they usually do a few hours before they leave when they turn really nice and thoughtful and generous and I am sad (almost) to see them go and feel like a jerk for being annoyed at them the previous day(s). Typical. I should be able to see it every time but I just can't seem to skip the annoyed phase no matter how hard I try. maybe it will be easier when I'm not pregnant and grumpy anymore. Likely story, I know.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home