Thursday, November 30, 2006

dragging across the finish line

The last day of self imposed daily posting has finally arrived. I can’t say the last 30 days have been too bad but I have no delusions about continuing the trend. I really just don’t have that much I want to commit to writing on a daily basis. At the moment I am just tired. Nothing new really but not having much downtime during the day is really a change for me. As I arrived home when it was getting dark (at 4:30 nonetheless), I started thinking about how much Jason and I used to work. Not that we don’t work a lot now and he does more than I do (hours of professional money making that is), but we used to both leave at 7 something and get home around 6. When I was working on starting up this company, I worked nights and weekends and never particularly minded. We also did a huge amount of work on our house at the time. When did we sleep? I know I’m describing a pretty typical daily routine for most Americans and the majority probably work in physically harder ways than I ever have, but seriously, I just can’t imagine it anymore. I have gotten so used to flexibility and having Henry a part of my daily routine that at the moment I just can’t conceive of things any other way. If I really loved what I am doing it might be different and who can say how much pregnancy is having an effect on, oh, everything, but if I had to keep this schedule up for more than another month I think I would fall apart completely. Gosh, this all sounds so melodramatic I’m not even feeling that melodramatic. I guess I’ll just blame sleep deprivation and hormones while I can and say that I am currently impressed with the amount of time people spend working because they want to or have to. Good night.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger nonlineargirl said...

Whenever I feel like my career is not where I want it to be (or as impressive as some of my friends, particularly those in washington dc), I remember how many hours they work and how glad I am that I chose a different path.

12/04/2006 11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home