Tuesday, November 28, 2006

imagination explosion

I was just talking to someone a few days ago about imaginary play and how the way kids play changes. Since that conversation Henry has been surprising me left and right. First, he has been identifying things in random shapes. He was eating popcorn and picking up each piece to inspect it. He apparently saw a spider, mouse and a man (in 3 different pieces). Today in his chicken pieces, he saw a sail boat. He has played with play-doh for quite awhile but just started making food shapes and taking it over to his little stove to cook it before serving it to us. He cooked a piece on the toy burner and held his hand above it telling me it was hot. Cars and trucks are driven all over the house while he makes loud car and truck noises. Finally, tonight he held up two toy figures and had them talk to each other, introducing themselves. “Hi lego man.” “Hi Wendy.” And later, “hi upside down Wendy.” I know this is all pretty typical and probably even a little boring but I have to say I love watching these new developments and can’t believe how much he is changing in front of my eyes in a matter of just a couple days. This of course makes me even less happy about spending so much time away from him during the day. At the same time, we have a new babysitter coming tomorrow morning and I have high hopes. I’m sure I’ll have something to say about that tomorrow.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynanne said...

I love that age - Their brains seem to expand at such a huge rate its amazing they don't inflate like balloons! (now that's a silly thought) I never would have thought to look for shapes in popcorn. Very imaginative!

I found your blog through blogging baby. Congrats on your pregnancy! I'm due in April also, except with my 4th (yes, I'm insane) Good luck to you!

11/29/2006 6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home