Sunday, February 11, 2007

for the record

Work is making me nuts and I am trying to figure how to get done and out of there ASAP.

The baby countdown is now at 10 weeks. It feels so near and yet so far.

I have been assuming that Henry will stay with my parents while the new baby is being born. Jason and I finally talked about it last night and he is less convinced. He brought up the point that it will be strange for Henry to come home to a baby and not know how it got here 9 (although he knows as much about this new baby sister as I could expect a 2.5 year old to). I still think 2.5-3 is too young and that it would be hard for all of us (himself for the most part) to have him here during the labor and birth. I’m pretty sure I’m not going to bend on this one.

Up until recently Henry just yelled and repeated himself when he wanted something. Such as, “go outside. Go outside. Go outside” ad infinitum. Now he WANTS and NEEDS things. Such as this evening when he NEEDED my nail file. “I need it. I need it. I need it” ad infinitum. (I do know how fucked up that punctuation is but I can’t be bothered at the moment. How’s that for lazy.) A somewhat subtle difference but I am so happy to have him talking in real sentences with pronouns that I can forgive the repetition for now. In that vein, he was hiding between pillows on our bed the other day and I said something about how he was hiding. He poked his head out and said, “yep. I’m hider man.”

A few days ago while walking down the street, a woman said. “oooooohhh. You’re so big. You’re having a big baby.” I said, “I hope not” and kept walking.

It’s 8:00pm and I am seriously considering getting myself off to bed shortly. It has just been that kind of day.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are getting so close! Yeah, I'm not so sure Boo has any idea at all what is going on. As much as we talk about it, I just don't she has any idea that this baby is ours, and will come home with us...for good.

I hope the next ten weeks flies by fast and smooth for all of you.

2/12/2007 9:06 AM  
Blogger Jeni said...

i messed with passer-bys from time to time. oh, when are u? and i would respond, due? what? what are u talking about?

viva la baby! viva la labor!

2/12/2007 10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My kids are 25months apart and my son was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited about having a baby sister. When she was born he kissed her and told her he loved her... right up until the time we were leaving the hospital to come home. At that point he said, "Why you putting Sissy (as he'd started calling her) in da car? WHen we told him she was going to live there (not realizing that he didn't understand that) he freakin' lost it and started screaming his head off. He stayed pissed until a couple of years ago!! LOL (He's 19 now)
Good luck!

2/18/2007 9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home