Wednesday, May 31, 2006

random. and boring!

Lucky you. This is my most random and probably most boring post yet. Things are feeling wacky lately but not interesting enough to write about so I have to break my non-writing streak somehow. So, here goes:

I have been sleeping really crappy and dragging around for days.

I have been eating waaay too much chocolate lately. I'm sure this has nothing to do with my sleep issues.

Henry is still teething but better. He has been waking up from his nap around 2:30 (almost an hour earlier than I prefer) and so I tell him to go back to sleep or rock him for a minute and then tell him to go back to sleep. It has actually been working! He gladly sleeps for another hour or so. I feel like an evil genius.

I have a bunch of very annoying manuscript edits to do today and am in the middle of two crappy freelance projects. I have no time. I am squandering naptime on this post and I don’t care.

I made potato leek soup this morning, which Henry repeatedly called “tay-toe doop!.” I said, “say ssssoup,” to which he replied, “doooo-puh!” with extra slobbery emphasis on the end.

I am once again wondering what the fuck I should be doing with my life but too busy and lazy to do anything about it.

The house is semi-clean but I haven’t fit in a craft project or a decent dinner for days.

Juggling a yelling kid and work phone calls all day is making me insane. It’s been months since I’ve had to resort to cartoons but I can’t expose clients (who don’t have a clue I am at home) to the screaming. Henry loves it and I hate it. I should be thankful for the ability to be home with the kiddo and make decent money and do semi-interesting work but I resent it all.

Jason is working with old friends and having a great time. I am glad he is happy but sad that he has to leave us all day to be happy (and he does). It’s not so easy to be nice when he gets home. I think that is a temporary hormonal reaction after a crazy work-filled-day on my part though.

I think I just heard H waking up from his (second) nap. I had planned to leave on a better note but….

Wait, I do have one. My parents took Henry to some version of a county fair this weekend and he rode the merry-go-round and sat in a box of corn and saw a horned goat. How’s that for random? See for yourself:





6 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

{{{{{{{Big Hug}}}}}}}}Hope your day tomorrow is brighter. You are doing the hardest job on earth.

5/31/2006 7:17 PM  
Blogger nonlineargirl said...

Ha - when I saw "box of corn" I thought ears and was confused. Now I see.

5/31/2006 7:33 PM  
Blogger devinemom said...

Box of Corn, what a great idea. Only at a country fair would you find one of those.

5/31/2006 8:35 PM  
Blogger Heather Bea said...

I know all too well about blog block. I hope tomorrow is a much better day. Sometimes it just feels like it piles on top of you. Don't worry it will get better. That's what I tell myself.

5/31/2006 9:40 PM  
Blogger Sofrito said...

I'm right there with ya on the trying to figure out what to do with myself part... at least you get to make some money while you're trying (or not trying). Dude, I'm so sorry we didn't get to hang this week, although I really think it was best for you to not have to hear me whine & bitch about EVERYthing!

Henry is GORGEOUS, have I said that before?

6/02/2006 8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are great pictures! Looooove potatoe leek soup.

6/02/2006 9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home