Wednesday, May 17, 2006

a little all around update

It is seriously hot in pdx right now. High 80s to low 90s in May is nuts. I had no time to prepare! Generally, I don’t mind it but the heat at night kills me. Our house is perfect until about 5pm and then the heat sinks in and stays. All night. I need a good night’s sleep.

Jason has been working his ass off on projects around here and for pay. Things are getting done that were started years ago which makes me insanely happy. I will post photos soon and when the back yard is done I will open it up for summer backyard bbq season! I think he’s working so hard lately so he can avoid work he agreed to do for my parents but I can’t be sure.

This week is shaping up to be a busy workweek for me. I have been super slacky lately and now I’m paying. After a mind-numbing 4 hour meeting with my boss yesterday and a morning of calls and new projects to set up I am scrambling. The kid is asleep and I should be working (and I am sort of) but I’m not! I am also drinking way too much iced tea and I’m caffeinated! I am so seriously sick of dealing with incompetence and the changing of everyone’s minds around me all the time. No detail oriented people here. No way. No how. I also have a new freelance website to do that is big and complicated and daunting and due in 2.5 weeks. Yay.

I picked Henry up from my mom’s yesterday evening and we had a pretty nice, uneventful, although quite slow drive home. He was getting a little annoyed but remained good natured, pointing out school buses, city busses, trains (max), tractors, trucks, etc. He was starting to get hungry and asking to eat a few minutes from home and when we got here I told him that we were home and he could eat now. Ok. Not quite. BTW, I was super hungry myself. When Henry saw his swing on the porch he freaked out. “Swing! Swing! Swing!” and when it became obvious it wasn’t happening he threw a huge fit, screaming and crying and falling on the floor. This is not characteristic for him. I distracted him with something but then he started slamming cabinet doors and took to hitting me! Fuck. I threatened a timeout and that stopped but it didn’t keep him from standing very close to me as I cooked, swinging a toy at me just close enough not to make contact. Little bastard.

Today he ate plain nori (sheets of sushi wrapper seaweed), which was an interesting site to see- cramming paper like pieces of seaweed in his mouth as fast as he could. Whatever. He also wanted a granola bar so I took it out of the package and broke it in a couple of pieces. This wouldn’t do. Since he has been give the whole bar in the package on occasion, that’s the only way he could possibly eat it. So, I crammed the pieces back together (it was sticky) and wrapped it in the torn wrapper. He ate almost the whole thing.

Bed time is another whole deal now. He has taken to calling me for an entire hour after he goes down! And when I do go in to see him, it’s all “Mama. Night, night. Look, bear. Look, pink bear. Look (at photos of the three of us on the wall), mama, daddy, baby. Um, elephant! Um, music. Blanket. Night, night. Bye.” He is fucking grasping for anything to keep me in the room but gives up when he runs out of ideas. Tehn I leave the room and the “mamaaaa!” 750 times starts all over again. I am sucker and go in too often but I love the kid and I have a fantasy that I can calm him down. Ha. BTW, no crying at all, just yelling for us. For an hour.

So, to reward all of this insanity, I think I will cram in a little more work and when the little shit wakes up we will go out and buy groceries then play in the back yard. Really, I have done enough work already and there’s always tomorrow!

Somehow I have found the time to try some new crafty projects lately and I am loving the results! I will have to show them off as soon as I take some pictures.

5 Comments:

Blogger nonlineargirl said...

Yay for finished backyards - I'll bing the salsa.

5/17/2006 9:00 PM  
Blogger megan said...

and I'll bring the margaritas. you can't have a bbq without margaritas.

5/17/2006 10:00 PM  
Blogger Bridgermama said...

I may have a spare pinata...

5/17/2006 10:52 PM  
Blogger tracey clark said...

Crafties, crafties, give it up...we want pix!
Look at me, getting all sassy and demanding on my first visit.
I should at least save the tude for my second visit.
I apologize. But I still want to see pix. Hee hee.

5/18/2006 8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing like a little May shower to cool things off a bit.

And thanks for the lemon bars!

5/22/2006 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home