Thursday, May 25, 2006

the bitch is back

Or, more aptly put, the insane, manic, grumpy, wakes-in-the-middle-of-the-night-screaming, demanding, tantrum-throwing child I call my son is teething again. His top two incisors are bulging their hard white tips through his swollen pink gums and he is pissed. I know it will pass in a matter of days but damn I am thankful that it has been months since we have had to do all of this and that he only has 6 more to go in the next year or so (slow, unpredictable teether so give or take). When he was younger he just woke up a lot and cried and wanted to be rocked and didn’t eat much and took shorter naps for a few days and then it was over. Now he’s possessed. Like when he threw himself into hysterics when he couldn’t open a CD case after trying for 3 seconds. Or when he tried to comb my hair with his toy broom. Or slapped the dog jut for fun. Or when he started screaming for cheese (wtf?) in the car on the way home tonight, 20 minutes after he had eaten. A lot. Or when he started bashing his head into the chair repeatedly and giggling manically. Or when he just called for me 20 times to come into his room and asked me to rock him and then after 7 seconds (you think I’m kidding. Oh no. I counted) demanded to go back to his bead. He is so up and down it’s unbelievable. I need to get over some serious PMS and this boy needs these teeth to pop through, preferably both, or we may not make it.



Update: I have sympathy and patience really I do but the volume and quantity of yelling this morning are such that I just want to go back to bed and hide. Unfortunately I have responsibilities and it’s way too loud.

2 Comments:

Blogger nonlineargirl said...

I'm sending sympathetic vibes your way. It's harsh that the sleep-disruption (for you as well as the boy) happens at the same time as the crabbiness. It makes it so much harder to deal lovingly all the time.

5/26/2006 10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Luckily, as the pictures show, he is adorable even when he's unhappy.

5/26/2006 2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home