Wednesday, May 10, 2006

tales from the crib

Henry is a really good sleeper these days. He was a terrible sleeper for a very long time so we really appreciate the change. Even though he continued to wake up many times a night for almost another year after, we were able to get him to fall asleep on his own very nicely at about 8 months (I think but it may have been more like 11 months. My brain is so far gone.) This trend thankfully continued with some minor shifts in routine. His sweet little “night, night” and “bye, bye” every afternoon and evening melt my heart. Sometimes it takes him quite awhile to fall asleep so he talks to himself and plays with his stuffed animals in his crib and maybe kicks the wall a little. Then he’s out. Usually. So, last night, 45 minutes after I put him to bed, when I heard “mamaaaa” I knew something was up. Into the dim room I go to find Henry naked (except for his diaper) with his pajamas stuck over one foot. “Uh oh” he says. My first thought was to get the camera but instead I suited him back up and rocked him for a few minutes to make sure he was really drowsy and would just sleep. His eyes began to flutter and I got the sweet little “night, night” again so I left and figured that was it. The next I heard of it was a couple hours later when Jason went in to go to bed and cover him. He whispered “your kid’s naked again” down the hall. (I tell him that H is his kid when I don't want to deal with the event of the moment too.) When I went in myself I found that Jason had just covered him with a blanket so I lugged the dead weight out of his crib, turned the pajamas right-side-out and put them back on where they remained until this morning.

Henry just went down for a nap and after about 3 minutes he called for me again. I thought he may have gotten his shirt off (he’s been doing that for awhile) but it was awful quick. Instead I found him still curled up under his blankets with an outstretched hand and on his pointer finger a large booger. “Boog” he said and gave it to me. I suppose a girl could/would do the exact same thing but all I could think was, ug, boys. I guess I should just be happy that at least he didn’t eat it.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger nonlineargirl said...

Ha ha! "Happy Mother's Day, Mama! Look what I made for you!"

5/10/2006 8:18 PM  
Blogger Mom on the Run said...

That's sweet. I'm glad he's finally sleeping. That is such a relief when that happens. Next time he says 'BOOG' you say 'KLEENEX!'

5/10/2006 11:10 PM  
Blogger Bridgermama said...

Very talented (and obviously double jointed), if you ask me.

5/11/2006 7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home