Monday, November 02, 2009

mia


Is it bad that I find my daughter so cute and overwhelmingly awesome multiple times a day, every day, that I, to borrow an apt phrase from Henry, feel like I am going to barf? Really. It's worse than any crush I've every had on a boy and I desperately hope it never ends. I feel guilty writing this but I don't think anyone or anything else in my life has ever made me feel so happy and so lucky. There it is. Henry, you have my permission to use this against me for the rest of your life. If I were you I would.

I was going to leave it at that but it hardly seems fair not to make some qualifications. It's not that I have a favorite by any means. Henry is perfectly as he is supposed to be and Jason and I give each other awestruck glances all the time when he says or does something brilliant, adorable, amazing. I think a big part of it is that I am more settled and comfortable in my role as a parent now than I was a few years ago. Also our family feels complete (I think) so it's easier to sit back and enjoy what we have right now. Henry keeps challenging us in new ways and while Mia is much more defiant and difficult than he was at 2.5, we know how fast it all changes and don't get hung up on the tantrums. The other part of it that is just fate is that Mia is just so darned much like me. She looks like I did and I feel like I really get her on a deep level. She is like a little me but with infinitely more confidence and it's a fun thing to see evolve before my eyes.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home