Wednesday, October 17, 2007

calm

So, not to brag or anything, because I know it will come back and bite me on the ass, and hard, BUT it is 6:12pm and both kids are asleep. And it’s not even because they are sick or we couldn’t stand them anymore or anything. Presumably, Mia will wake up before I go to sleep and, heaven help us, any number of insane things could happen between now and daybreak but I need this. We have all been so sick and exhausted and out of commission (while trying to hold the house and work together) for so many weeks that I am afraid to breathe a sigh of relief about anything that comes even slightly easy. The coughs still linger but things are getting easier. I am going to give relaxing and breathing and enjoying even a few minutes of quiet time a try and I’m not even going to worry about the state of my house or my person (god, I need a shower). One more day really can’t hurt. No one has ever died of a dirty house have they? No, don’t answer that. I don’t want to know.

UPDATE: An hour hasn't quite passed and Mia has already woken up once. I just got her back down easily though. Her sleep was really off last night so I know I can't count on a good stretch of sleep now. Still things really are better. I just did one of those things I sort of hate myself for and googled baby growth spurts and confirmed that one usually happens at 6 months. That's 2 days away. So, let's hope that's it. A phase I can handle. It was around 6 months that Henry's sleep went to hell and stayed that way for a year. I just can't do that again but I'm pretty sure I won't have to. Also noteworthy, tonight was a ridiculously early night for them both but they just seemed to need it.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh sleep. There is a reason why they use sleep deprivation as torture.

Hope you ended up with a good nights sleep. My tiny terrorist is asleep (it is 10pm here in Oz) a good 2 hours earlier than he usually does! I am hoping this means a full nights sleep for the both of us.

And I hope that all your lurgies are over and Mia is just going through a very quick stage!

10/18/2007 5:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I hope you get some much needed rest.

10/19/2007 3:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home