Friday, May 18, 2007

amazing me with his listening skills and questionable music preferences

The whole damn family is in the car on the way to sushi. The radio has been playing Regina Specter’s “Fidelity” for like 20 seconds. This is a very close approximation of the actual word-for-word conversation that transpired.

Jason: I hate this song
Aarin: So change it (reaches over and changes to another station)
Henry: Put back breaks my heart song!
(A, in shock, changes the station back. A and J exchange amused glances. Song ends.)
H: I want breaks my heart song
A: Sorry, it’s over. We listened to the whole song and it ended. We’re listening to a new song now.
J: So, you like that song kiddo?
H: Yep. I do. It not weird. It perfect.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger nonlineargirl said...

"It not weird. It perfect" may be my new motto.

5/18/2007 2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That kid has an old soul, don'tcha think?

How is he handling having Mia at home?

5/19/2007 7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home