Thursday, May 17, 2007

the (evil) power of thought

Don’t even THINK about telling the internet how well your baby is finally sleeping and how perfect she has been for over 36 hours. Just planning that sentence out in your head may cause (as it did in my case) the worst 18 hours ever of baby discomfort, unhappiness and sleeplessness. And, of course, it will happen over the night before your husband goes back to work for the first time.

That was last night and she still isn’t sleeping well. I have cut out over half of the foods I would like to be eating (including big categories like wheat and dairy) and I still feel like it must be something I am eating that is causing the little girl discomfort but I can’t figure out what. I remember doing the same thing with Henry and he was difficult no matter what we did until he was six weeks old. Then he was perfect. I know that no two kids are exactly alike but I am hoping in this case that she follows suit. Two more weeks to go.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember those days. did you try cutting dairy? That's what I'd do.

I hope it gets better quick

5/18/2007 6:28 AM  
Blogger mama without instructions said...

yep. no wheat, no dairy, no caffeine, no chocolate. good times.

5/18/2007 10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home