Monday, November 13, 2006

the art of the spoken word

A: Hey, Henry. What does a panda bear eat?
H: panda bar eat bam-boob! (bamboo)

Recently when he wants something and I am in the other room Henry has taken to calling me “mommy-o.” I have no clue where that came from. In the same scenario with Jason, he simply yells “babe!” We can all guess where he got that one. When I am in the room, he constantly asks, “use me mommy,” by which he means excuse me, before asking for whatever it is he possibly wants. So cute it is hard to deny most requests, yet I hold strong and somehow manage to keep him from watching 10 hours of tv a day.

I have been working on pronunciation with him more because I know he has the capacity to say things more correctly but is in the habit of using his own versions of the word. I keep it light and a bit dramatic for fun and usually he’s happy to sound things out more carefully and is making good progress, that is, until he learned that he could just argue for his own pronunciation. No mama, “dur-kel.” Followed by much uproarious laughter. Of course, we were looking at circles.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger nonlineargirl said...

Chris wants to know if you call Jason Babe.

11/13/2006 10:43 PM  
Blogger mama without instructions said...

uh, yeah. a lot, apparently.

11/14/2006 9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home