Tuesday, November 07, 2006

headaches no more?

Here’s a random pregnancy health/symptom update. A bit boring but I think I may have made a new discovery. During my last pregnancy I got migraine type headaches once every few weeks or so for a few months. I figured that if I took it easier this time and was even more careful about sleep and eating I could avoid most of them. Unfortunately I have been having headaches of varying degrees of severity most days for at least a month. I haven’t been able to figure out food or activity or sleep connections at all. It really sucks. I had a good week a few weeks ago and attributed it mostly to acupuncture. I had another treatment the following week and the headaches returned so I didn’t know what to think. In an attempt to wrap up this thrilling tale, I will just say that I finally may have an answer. I had been taking a folic acid supplement and I ran out of it for almost a week- the good week. It isn’t a direct connection but I think something in the supplement is a trigger for me. I stopped taking them late last week and I have had five decent days in a row, which is a hell of a lot more than I can say for the previous five days. So, we’ll see how this continues. I am hopeful and will keep a closer eye on everything I consume for a while. I guess bad things can show up where you least expect them.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather Bea said...

Goog luck with you medical hypothesis. Don't you love how pregnancy wreacks havoc on our bodies and minds.

11/08/2006 1:06 PM  
Blogger Heather Bea said...

I meant to say "good luck", goog luck sounds like something my 2yo would say.

11/08/2006 1:07 PM  
Blogger mama without instructions said...

another good day today. i continue to be hopeful...

11/08/2006 6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home