Monday, June 12, 2006

from the fray

I’m having a very annoying, frustrating work morning from home. Our publisher is fucking shit up left and right. Jason is taking care of Henry, which is working pretty well except for when he (Henry) was yelling something about a baby at me repeatedly during my conference call. A fairly typical Monday morning. Then Jason looks out the office window at our fig tree and says there’s one fig on it. I mumble, “ oh good” over my email. Then he says, “Don't expect it to be there for long. We need to put something on the tree that squirrels don’t like. Like wolf pee.” Maybe it’s just my mental state right now but the whole image it conjured up cracked me up to the point that I still have tears running down my face. Now we’re going to get some pastries. They will help me work better, really they will. Sometimes working from home isn't so bad at all.

2 Comments:

Blogger devinemom said...

wolf pee, i love it. it is quite an image and it sounds very much like the conversations we have in this house hold my husband also works from home....

6/12/2006 6:21 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

wolf pee? i've never heard of that for keeping animals away from a fig tree!! heheheh!

6/21/2006 7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home