Monday, February 16, 2009

dragging

Illness has caught up with me once again this winter. I feel like we must get sick more than most but then I look around at everyone else I know with kids in preschool and they are in the same boat. I've heard much worse than my sinus cold is going around so I guess I should feel lucky. I took a sick day and actually slept all morning for the first time in as long as I can remember. It would have been nice minus the pounding headache.

A common interaction I have with Mia:

me: say "hen"
mia: hen
me: say "re"
mia: we
me: say "henry"
mia: hiya

She has been calling Henry "hiya" for months now. Speaking of Henry, I asked him to bring me the phone this morning to call my office and he said he would talk to Heidi for me if I didn't feel like it. I told him I would have to leave a message, which he will never do, and he said, "when I said talk to her I meant I would leaver her a message." Okay. I didn't expect him to follow through as sweet as the offer but I called and after the beep he said, "Sorry, Heidi. Mom is sick and can't come to office to work today." So cute I could have died.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger nonlineargirl said...

he could certainly have a worse nickname!

2/21/2009 1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home