Friday, February 06, 2009

bounce back

I had a really rough day today. I had a really bad night's sleep with a needy Henry and woke up feeling crappy. Work was full of technical setbacks and I just didn't feel good. I drug myself home, took a shower and helped put kids to bed. Then I drove in unpleasant traffic to a dinner with people I hadn't seen in a long time or didn't know. It was a volunteer thing and I wasn't looking forward to it. But, I'll be damned if some forced socialization and non-forced socialization with an old friend in addition to a lot of really good seafood wasn't exactly what I needed. I feel like a new person. I could almost stay up and start a project now but I know better than that. I have alumni volunteer meetings in the morning and the "moooomeeeeeee" wake up call always comes too early.

Labels: ,