Monday, February 09, 2009

borrowed time

Or borrowed keyboard, rather. I killed mine last night with a glass of kombucha. I never have drinks near my computer but this whole temporary office dislocation led me to a bad choice. I dried it off as best I could and it seemed to work fine (the whole time I had a sinking feeling) for 15 minutes or so until it started making a loud noise non-stop. We searched for fixes and found some crazy instructions about putting a dirty keyboard in the dishwasher. I didn't try it but I did rinse it further, knowing it was probably shot anyway, to remove the sticky. I haven't been willing to pry off all of the low profile keys to dry it but a day later and nothing works at all. I had it plugged just to use the mouse tonight and then I got an alert that the USB device was drawing too much power and would be deactivated. Uh. Well. So, dead then. I guess I will be shelling out $50 tomorrow for one clumsy mistake. Jason just got home and will be headed for his computer so I am off to stir the granola in the oven and then get some sleep in my kid-free bedroom.

Labels: