Sunday, December 28, 2008

a mile a minute

The fact that Henry starts many thoughts with, "okay, so..." is completely my fault.

In other tales of verbal children, I have been meaning to write down Mia's fist few words for months. She has been saying a number of words, as I have mentioned, for quite some time but the real explosion is just beginning so if I don't do this now it will never happen. With Henry I kept a chronological list of all of his words that we updated every few weeks. I thought that Mia's verbal development was moving slow enough that I would have time to sort of catch up but I have a feeling this is just one of many things with her on which I will never catch up. Okay, so, here goes Mia's words at 20 months:

mama
daddy
hiiieee (or something equally unreproducible but consistent for henry)
baby*
dee dee (the dog)
bear
dog
turtle
nay (for horse)
ba (for sheep)
mooom (for cow)
cak ga (for rooster)
bubbles
eye
nose
ear
dot (for polka dot)
boppy (my dad whom henry calls bop)
gigi (my mom)
mooo (more)
up
dow (down)
wawa (water)
hi**
bahbye (bye bye)
dirty***
poopy
beees (please)
mine (yelled at high volume. thanks, henry!)
no no
peas
ney ney (night night)
boo (as in peek-a-boo, uses same sound for book)
gak cak (chocolate, another favorite)
why****

* oh how she loves her baby doll and pretending to be a baby. she and henry have a whole baby language and role playing thing they do. it's amazing to me that such a young child can get into pretending to be a baby when she has such little exposure to babies. maybe she is going on memory? amazing either way.

**she has been saying this one almost the longest and greets people every time the enter or leave even the smallest spaces.

***cutest word/pronunciation yet.

****amazingly she seems to have picked up the meaning and uses it appropriately and constantly.

Labels: