Monday, November 17, 2008

quirks

I have been noticing more oddities about my kids' eating habits lately. For one, they much prefer frozen (as in still frozen) peas and beans to cooked ones. In the summer, they like them raw from the garden and cooked, but when all I have is frozen they both jump at the chance to eat them cold and hard by the handful.

They also love to take herbs and vitamins of all sorts. I do add honey to the really intense herbs, like this week when they both had hacking coughs but their new found joy is little capsules filled with flavored fish oil. I won't even try them but they are obsessed. It almost makes me gag thinking about it but I'm not complaining in the least.

Henry did go through a year long phase from 3 to almost 4 when all he wanted was bread, cheese and pasta (and sushi of course) but thankfully he's back to trying most everything put in front of him. Mia does still out eat him most meals though. I have no idea what Mia's picky phase will look like since I no longer feed them pasta. Plain brown rice? Probably.

Tonight they ate a bunch of salmon and beans and rice and about an hour later Henry said, "that sauce we had with the fish tonight (teriyaki) I want some in a cup. To drink it." That's where I draw the line.

Labels: , , ,