Saturday, November 22, 2008

not the project i had in mind

I have had a little holiday craft project in the back of my head since I didn't get around to it last year. I pulled out fabric and the sewing machine and made patterns but then I took a nap and by the time I woke up and Mia woke up from her nap things were too hectic to get started. Henry kept talking about gingerbread men though (after seeing them at a kitchen supply store after the farmer's market this morning) so I managed to neglect the kids among my sewing supplies (the non-dangerous ones) for long enough to make a little gingerbread man cookie out of felt for their play kitchen. A container of very small beads were spilled no less than 3 times but we all survived with minimal frustration or choking hazards. I also have the pieces of a gingerbread lady traced but we'll see when I manage that. Both kids love this little guy and carried him around most of the day, making it all the more worthwhile.

Labels: , ,