Tuesday, November 14, 2006

no rest

I can’t catch a break today. Many annoying things happened with regular work and a consulting client today. Nothing major, just a lot of little annoying things to do and fix, which left me pretty grumpy by the end of the day. In addition, I was working at home this afternoon while Henry slept and some complete fucking lame-o knocked on the door to ask for god knows what and made the dog seriously freak out. As soon as I told her it was a bad time (is it ever really a good time to knock on people’s doors and ask for money. I say no.), and closed the door, Henry started screaming. He had been asleep about half as long as he needed and was in a bad mood. We suffered through the mood and I went into the office for a few things as soon as Jason got home at 4. When I got home we finished cooking dinner together and had a reasonable evening. I watched some tv and retired to write a post more interesting than this one. Unfortunately, I was reminded by an email from my boss at 8:30 tonight that I had forgotten to update a webpage that needs to be up now. So, I will do that instead of anything even slightly more thoughtful than this. I am just thankful that I can reply that there was a glitch and it is fixed. He will assume a technical glitch about which he knows absolutely nothing and I don’t have to lie outright or admit that I am just a flake right now. I think I can take one thing from this day and that is to finally get/make that “no soliciting” sign I keep thinking about. I am skeptical that it will make a difference but at very least it will fuel the fire of my indignation when it is disregarded.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

no soliciting signs are vital. i got a really nice one on ebay awhile ago, and it's made a world of difference!

sorry it's been such a craptastic day. we've had a couple of those around here lately too.

hope to see you and henry soon!

11/14/2006 11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home