Friday, September 15, 2006

why not magic?

For one, Henry can use a computer. He can’t read but he knows how to use a mouse to navigate to links and to the play button on a media player. He’s very diligent with his clicking and knows which links go where at yo gabba gabba. This is simply a product of our own laziness since we let him watch a couple of short clips online and were too slow in hitting repeat for him. He decided to do it himself. Now he runs for the computer and starts navigating to all sorts of random pages. I think this is not a good thing for many, many reasons.

The kid is too smart sometimes. He has been carrying around a matchbox with a few dried beans in it for a few days (don’t ask). I keep telling him they are magic beans and he just looks me in the eye and says “no” or “nope” while shaking his head. He doesn’t even know what magic is and he believes me when I tell him about all manner and definitions of other things. Why not this one?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather Bea said...

We are lazy too, our kids love playing the games on Sprout.

9/15/2006 5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get him some jumping beans. He should love them as they seemed magical to me when I was a kid. Of course they were called Mexican jumping beans when we bought them every single summer without fail in New Mexico but I don't really know what they were called. But I called them magical.

10/14/2006 8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home