Friday, August 25, 2006

in-law visit update

Here we are on day 6 of the 9-day visit and we’re all still alive. I have not been the nicest person I could be but I’m not being too much of a bitch either. Jason’s parents are trying to be useful and their annoying nature cannot be helped. They love Henry tons and that’s what counts. Unfortunately, they have been unintentionally sabotaging our schedule left and right and I end up having to deal with the hungry, tired, over-stimulated kid and they don’t. Jason’s grandmother on the other hand is so fucking judgmental about everything and everyone all the time I can hardly stand it. Thankfully she took a side trip to see other great grandkids in southern Oregon for a few days and just returned this morning. Sadly she brought Jason’s cousin with her and he is an arrogant, rude, judgmental ass. He’s the high school jock and college frat boy who never grew up. He’s a corporate lawyer with a trophy wife (who is actually quite nice) and he isn’t nice to his kids. I only saw him for about 10 minutes today and I’m still annoyed. Anyone who calls a 2 year old (especially mine) “stud” repeatedly should be kicked, hard. I can’t believe that I let a seven-foot tall jackass in plaid shorts and shiny metallic silver tennis shoes bug me so much.

I do have more interesting, less bitchy things to report but I think they’ll have to wait until I have my life back next week…

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Hang in there! Sounds like you are ready for a vacation after they all leave.

8/25/2006 5:30 PM  
Blogger Sofrito said...

ummmm, Jason's cousin sounds like one of Mo's brothers. Does he have a sportscar to drive on the weekends? I'd gladly come over and kick the crap out of him for you. It would be frowned upon if I did that to someone in *our* family...

why are people always in such a hurry to sexualize little kids? UGH!!!

8/27/2006 9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home