Saturday, August 12, 2006

a new ring of hell

We received a surprise package the other day. It was a gift from my in-laws- an i-sight camera for the computer. So, yay. New technology, right? Not so much. I am sitting at my laptop screwing around while Jason sits at his computer w/Henry on his lap “video chatting” with the in-laws. I might die. Seriously. This is the second time this has happened today and they have a stupid mechanical parrot that repeats everything they are saying but garbled and even crazier than they are. They are talking over each other and counting and asking dumb questions and singing dumb songs. Now one of them is turning on and off a flashlight and on and off and on and off and talking about how it’s going on and off and on and off. Come on people, my kid is not retarded. I know I could leave the room but I sort of don’t want too and sort of can’t. I also know that this should be a nice thing and that I am easily annoyed and ungrateful and bitchy and whatever. But that dying thing. It seriously might happen. Pray for me. Update: Jason just asked me to gouge his ears out with scissors. At least I'm not alone. Oh, and Henry really does like it. Maybe he is retarded.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Bridgermama said...

My parents got B one of these cameras. We tried it a few times, which consisted of my dad trying to get B (then 9 months) to make eye contact with him through the camera. Insanely annoying! Then the excitement just fizzled. However, recently the camera has been menioned again so I too may have to endure the insanity once again! Thank goodness there is no parrot in the picture...yet.

8/13/2006 11:03 PM  
Blogger mama without instructions said...

henry asks for "bird, please" about 10 times each "chat." ug.

8/14/2006 8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came across your site from Crazy Hip Blog Mamas and your post made me crack up. Remind me never to get video capabilities on my computer.

8/15/2006 6:06 PM  
Blogger shetha said...

HEre's what you do... just stroll in on a video conference in the background in your underwear... or better yet naked. If that doesn't fix the problem, then I guess I don't have any other ideas. This may seem scary but after the video conferencing failed for my in-laws, they just retired and moved here. So, it could be worse, maybe? *shrug* Good luck.

8/16/2006 9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Maybe he is retarded" LOL!! That is so funny.

Adding you to my bloglines, thanks for stopping by!

8/18/2006 6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home