Wednesday, July 12, 2006

pausing to remember

I just got home from a very nice few hours of chatting and laughing with some awesome mamas and realized that pretty much exactly two years ago right now I went into labor for real. It was much warmer than it was tonight and my life was so very different. Just thinking about the excitement, intensity, and uncertainty of it all makes me fell a little unsettled. It was the beginning of the hardest 14 hours of my life and it all happened right here in this house, much of it in this office in fact. What a world away from the quiet calm of Henry sleeping in the next room at this moment. I am pausing to remember the amazing day my baby boy became a part of our lives on the outside, but just for a moment. Right now I am just as happy to remember how sweet he looked this evening sitting on Jason eating snacks and telling us his little stories interspersed with laughter. I can hardly believe how far we have come in two years and at the end of the day I am so proud of us all.

7/13/04, 10 hours old

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger megan said...

the time goes by so fast, doesn't it? happy birthday to you, and to henry, too.

7/13/2006 8:50 AM  
Blogger Bridgermama said...

sniffle...
Give Henry a huge birthday squeeze from me(it's your birthday too?)!

7/13/2006 1:04 PM  
Blogger nonlineargirl said...

Very sweet. I love that Henry and his wonderful mama.

7/13/2006 2:02 PM  
Blogger mama without instructions said...

Thanks, ladies! I love you all.

7/13/2006 10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home