Thursday, April 08, 2010

sweetness

This morning, way too early, after I had been up multiple times dealing with requests from both kids, I was settling back down in bed for another half-hour while they were supposed to be resting still or playing quietly. Mia knows the early morning drill but nonetheless came bounding in and said, "I want to talk to you." I politely declined and told her to go back to her room. "can I get in bed with you?" came next. No thanks. Then, "Can I just stand here and smile at you?" How could I resist that? I couldn't and that's exactly what she did. Standing right by my pillow her head is at exactly the same height as mine laying down and she stood there for multiple minutes just smiling, grinning even wider each time I fluttered my eyes open and smiled back. Really, I can't imagine a sweeter way to begin the day, early or not.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home