Wednesday, December 19, 2007

no energy for a title

This week, or barf fest 2007 as it is being more accurately called around here (well, in my own head at least), has been hellish. Wait, it's only Wednesday? I suppose it could go either direction from here then. I managed to get really sick over the weekend. I have no idea where I got it but I'll just tell you that I projectile vomited all over our bed, something I am sure I haven't done since I was about 7. It lasted way too long for me and then hit Henry. He was a champ though. He woke up vomiting at 5am this morning and by 1pm was screaming for a grilled cheese sandwich and Thai food. Jason convinced him to try saltines to start and he demanded 5 at a time (on his plate that is) no less. This kid of mine, who usually really doesn't care about food turned into an eating machine (no, we didn't give him grilled cheese or Thai) and was bouncing around the room within an hour. He was still fine as of bed time so I have my fingers crossed. Jason weathered it reasonably, dealing with us that is and thankfully hasn't gotten sick himself. I am still a bit out of it but I think I am actually well and just dealing with the after effects of major dehydration and sleep deprivation. In the midst of it all Mia had an all time bad night for no reason in particular and the dog took to peeing on things and narrowly made it outside barfing herself this morning (just a coincidence I expect). My boss' last day of work for a couple weeks was today so I have been trying to keep myself engaged in a bunch of end-of-the year crap at work as well. Jason just made it back from the post office, a week and a half later than I expected to have gifts sent but I think they will make it. They were just little homemade things and photos of the kids for our grandparents but I expect they will appreciate it. This is the kind of boring ass post I tend not to write lately but I felt like writing something and this is all I've got.

From the Henry files, when he's not demanding or growling (oh god, the growling. I will go insane if I get into it), he has been very charming lately, like today when he was trying to read (he can't read) something embroidered on a quilt, I told him what it said and that his great-grandma had made it for him when he was a baby. He looked at me, nodded and very sincerely said, "oh, yeah, that was nice of her." A few days ago he looked at the Christmas tree (that has been in the same place for almost a month) and said, "our tree is so nice mommy. thank you for getting it for us." He's also gotten really into looking me in the eyes and saying, "I love you mommy" with a big smile. I feel the need to qualify that it's just amazing to me how real and sincere he sounds in these moments. He's not playing around or just copying what he's heard. Either he really is a genuine little person or he is a better actor than I even want to imagine.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, the barfing sounds awful!! I can't imagine getting that sick with two little kids at home.

I'm sure Henry is perfectly serious. That's about the age that they start saying things they mean.

Hope y'all have a great Christmas!!

12/20/2007 8:42 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I hope everyone is feeling better! I hate it when the sickies hit my house!

12/26/2007 2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home