Tuesday, December 11, 2007

love of my life

Particularly out of context, it is easy to look at other people and feel relieved that our own lives are easier/better/saner than theirs. The previous conversation has been a placeholder of sorts for me. Since it is not easy, and probably not generally advisable, to discuss much about one's relationship with one's spouse in a public forum I figured I should keep my distance from the topic. I have been thinking a lot abut my primary relationship these days though and working on ways for us to spend more time together and make each other happier. We really are very lucky but I think that every relationship takes effort and work to be great sometimes. Even though neither of us can see the future, I think we are going to make it and I am so very glad.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Craig and I were each married before (him for 9 years and I was married for 14 years). I remember when I decided to marry my ex, I didn't realize that marriage was work. I thought it just happened. We've been married for just over 8 years and we've definitely reaped the benefits of experience.

12/12/2007 5:24 AM  
Blogger Lynanne said...

I've found the rockiest times in my marriage are when we have a baby in the house. (my oldest are 18 months apart as are my youngest children - a 2 y/o and 7 month old). The chaos, the noise, the lack of sleep, the stress...so little time for one's self, let alone your spouse. Right now my husband and I feel more like bickering roomates than a married couple. Yet, I know we've been here before and things will get better again. You're right, it's a LOT of work.
Good luck to you both!

12/15/2007 12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We just went through a very very hard time. I asked him to leave on numerous occasions. He refused.

Things are better now because he is trying, but they are not back to where they were. It has taken a lot of work on both of our parts.

Good on you for realising that it is worth the effort.

Kelley

12/16/2007 3:41 AM  
Blogger mama without instructions said...

i feel like this is the one topic not discussed on blogs and, as i said, i understand why and can't really do it on this blog myself but sometimes i think it would really help. we don't just need true wife confession kind of crap, we really need to understand that we are not alone in relationship (particularly with kids) struggles. and for me, it is particularly helpful to know that real, funny, interesting, happy people don't all have perfect marriages. thank you.

12/16/2007 8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to pop in real quick and tell you that I absolutely can't WAIT til you post about Henry's Christmas and tell us about his latest funny comments! I can't waiiiiiiiiiiit!

12/19/2007 5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home