Thursday, June 14, 2007

eight weeks old

In keeping with the standard paradox of parenting small children all day, the days drag on forever but the weeks have flown by. I can’t believe we are at the 8 week mark today. Mia is a pretty swell baby overall. Some of her tricks include smiling, sleeping for 5-7 hours straight (until the last two nights that is. Arg. This waking every couple of hours better not be the new standard.), grunting and snorting at nothing in particular, making all sorts of loud noises in her sleep to convince me she is awake, growing long eyelashes (that weren’t there at birth), breast feeding like a champion, gaining weight like crazy, and being generally adorable. She still spends long periods of the afternoon and evening awake. She is starting to sleep in the swing on occasion, which helps. People keep coming over and holding her for a few minutes until she falls asleep then declaring how very hard asleep she is (no offense people! I appreciate the efforts!). I smile and nod and then smile again when she opens her eyes wide 5 to 10 minutes later. Every time. Don’t get me wrong, I hope against all hopes that this is the time she really falls asleep for a real nap many times a day. I am optimistic but have been burned too many times to get too excited. Despite that business she is a sweet, calm, cute, fabulous baby. I can hardly wait to see how her personality develops. I feel like it’s an un-PC thing to say but I am absolutely loving having a baby girl.



Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my!!! Aren't they beautiful!! You must be terribly proud!

6/22/2007 5:01 PM  
Blogger mama without instructions said...

yes, i am. proud. proud and tired! : )

6/22/2007 9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home