Sunday, May 09, 2010

mother's day

I had a lovely day today by the way. Sleeping in, hugs and kisses, the farmer's market, grocery store, eating in the sun, working in the yard, cooking a fancy but simple dinner (scallops w/creamy tarragon onion sauce, baby turnips and almond chocolate cookies), crossword puzzles, lazy evening. Tonight Jason hugged as we came in from the yard.
J: I'm glad you're the mother of my children. I'm glad we have kids together. I love you and don't want you to feel under appreciated.
Me: I'm just over worked, not under appreciated.
J: Damn! It's a easier for me to appreciate you than do more work.
Me: Yep. A little less talk and a little more action please.

Things are good and they are getting better over the years in terms of me feeling like I don't have to do more than my share around the house and with kids. Much of it has to do with my expectations. Well, some of it. I'll take all of the appreciation and action I can get but I'm happy with what I have.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger nonlineargirl said...

That is certainly an honest answer.

5/09/2010 9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home