Saturday, November 01, 2008

back into the swing of things

Well, not really but at least I am getting some perspective. It has been a challenging few months, summer, well, year I suppose. Going back to work in the office 3 days a week (plus 2 at home) and moving the office and hiring a new person there and going through 3 nannies before one (seems to have) stuck and generally managing to keep everyone clothed, bathed, fed, and semi-happy has been a challenge for me to say the least. I have dropped a lot of things including blogging, anything social, my sanity but lately I feel like we may be emerging from the fog of stress and sleep deprivation. Years ago a friend told be that after his kids were born (a few years apart) he didn't sleep well (or all night or something similarly horrifying) for around 7 years. At the time I figured he was crazy or hyperbolic or joking or his children were truly a mess. Now, I find this completely reasonable and understand exactly what he meant, although I am only going on 5 years at this point (I slept like hell during both pregnancies so I am counting that first 9 months as well). It really is taking a toll on me mentally and physically and although I have been trying to sort it out and figure out how to take care of myself I am still looking for a better set of solutions. I'm going to try to write every day for the month at least so hopefully, for my sake, I will be shedding some light on this project to improve my sanity right quick here.

Labels: , ,