Friday, May 30, 2008

arrrrr

Did you see that? (Henry referring to a skull bumper sticker on a parked car) Do you know what it means? It means that's a pirate car. Yeah, pirates live in that house because pirates really like pirate cars.

Speaking of pirates, I recently bought Henry a black tee shirt with a white skull and crossbones on it that says "P is for pirate." He adores it but I don't think it's exactly appropriate for wearing to his Waldorf preschool (so many reasons) and of course he already had it on and wouldn't be convinced to take it off a few days ago before school. So, I reminded him that pirates wear vests and that he would be really piratey if he wore a vest over it. The only vest he had was an adorable, red, super preppy sweater vest, which he gladly donned over the shirt. He had no clue how very un-piratey it was. It was a high point in parenting if I do say so myself.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG I love it!!! Ahoy, matey!

This is just too much. That is some boy you've got there! LOL

5/30/2008 7:57 PM  
Blogger nonlineargirl said...

That totally made my day!

Plus, that first part is so easy to imagine in Henry's voice.

5/30/2008 10:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hehe :)

6/06/2008 9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey woman! I hope y'all have a fantastic father's day and that the hubby gets a spectacular pirate hat or eye patch hand made by Henry!! Because really, only special pirates have DADs who are also pirates. Surely they are more piratey than all the others

6/15/2008 6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home