Thursday, January 03, 2008

permanently grounded

We’re home! We’re alive and well. Actually, we ARE all pretty well for once. A whole week after Henry and I were sick, Jason woke up with the stomach bug at 5:30 in the morning on the day we flew to California. Picture him with a barf bag in hand, sweating profusely, while Henry barraged him with questions and me with a squirming, exhausted, screaming baby, all on a very small airplane. Needless to say, we are not traveling for at least 4 more years. Seriously. It really wasn’t all that bad considering but the visit with Jason’s family was tiring and we were insanely relieved to get home. The baby is now a breast feeding maniac and sleeping worth shit and Henry is all kinds of aggressive and annoyed lately but other than that we are good. And, really, I mean that. I am feeling optimistic and pretty grounded through the sleepless fog at the moment. I got some work done today and Jason is helping me with web projects for work, for which I am very thankful. I adore my little family despite the insanity and want to just hole up with the three of them for the foreseeable future. Of course, we would all be deranged in a matter of days but, hey, it’s a fantasy that’s not going to happen anyway. I can see things getting very busy again but am glad to have the holidays behind me. I thought I was keeping things simple but overcommitted once again with a bunch of small, hand-made projects. I plan to post some photos of the finished products as well as some holiday cuteness. I do have a few Henry stories saved up as well. Soon, I promise!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband is from So Cal and my kids are damn near grown, but I am DREADING our trip there in March. My kids don't travel well at all. They always complain their legs hurt, their back hurts... blah blah. I can't take it!!!

1/04/2008 7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome home and happy new year!

1/05/2008 10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home