Sunday, October 22, 2006

coming clean

When you have big news it seems like there are two (good) ways to blog it. First option is to post right away in "oh my god, I can’t believe this thing just happened" fashion. The second option is to think about it and post a clever/witty/funny/smart entry that reveals whatever the thing is in a clever/witty/funny/smart way. In this case I have opted for option number three, the not good option. That is, something happened and I meant to write about it right away but then as time slipped by and I became more distracted, tired, nervous, preoccupied, and completely unable to think of anything clever or funny, I simply quit posting. Now I just have to come out and say it and get back to writing about the many thoughts that have been bouncing around inside my slightly dull brain lately. In case you hadn’t guess what in the hell I am getting at by now, I am pregnant. Almost 14 weeks now. I hadn’t planned to keep it a secret but there you have it. We are happy for sure but I have not been feeling well. Thanks to my recent entry into my second trimester and some very good acupuncture last week, I have had a good few days and am just hoping to end all hope that the streak continues. More soon.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats lady! I hope you feel better soon, thoes first few weeks are always crazy. Congrats again, so exciting.

10/22/2006 8:46 PM  
Blogger nonlineargirl said...

Wait, what?

By the way, I told AS & KR yesterday. They were very happy for you and forgave your absence. Plus we ate really yummy food (almost made the book worthwhile).

10/23/2006 9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! I hope you start feeling better soon, I know that 3-4th month was a turning point for me. Now if I could just keep up with my toddler.

10/23/2006 10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well first, congrats!!! Always happy news, isn't it? (Don't ask me the same question. My son is 19 and my daughter is 17. It isn't pretty around here right now!!)

Second- I remember I could almost roll out of bed one morning and KNOW I got pregnant within the previous two or three weeks because I puked from then up until the delivery room. Literally. My doctor said he'd never seen anyone realize they were pregnant so fast.

Yeah well, not the super power I would have chosen but what can you do?

10/23/2006 12:57 PM  
Blogger Heather Bea said...

Congratulations! Such happy news. Hopefully the waves of nausea have passed and you can move on to the 2nd trimester. If not Ginger Altoids worked wonders for controlling the urge to vomit.

10/25/2006 11:39 AM  
Blogger micaela said...

Dude! Wow, I drop out of the scene for a while and come back to these news!!! See, I haven't even been blogging OR reading any blogs... anyway, yipee for you! And the new little seedling in there. LOL, we still have a meet-up pending, maybe we can get together at the park now that it's raining? ;-) [[[HUGS]]]

11/04/2006 9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you and Henry and Jason. I had to scroll back through a bunch of posts to confirm that I understood what you meant regarding your 2nd trimester.

For me, once we had 2 kids, the nuclear family roles felt a lot more solid, mom and dad vs. the kids rather than young hip couple and their cool toddler friend.

11/07/2006 11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home