Thursday, September 28, 2006

payback is certainly called a bitch around here

Blogger is being really weird at the moment and my last few posts have been posted and reposted in different states of completion. Bear with me.

Last night I searched round for my night guard (for teeth clenching) for about 20 minutes. It could only have been in 1 of say 3 places but it wasn’t. Instead it was under my bed in about 20 pieces chewed all to hell by my dog. It is going to be a crappy week on my jaw but thankfully my dentist’s office got me in for a new fitting this morning. I was seething all night and morning that it was going to cost me 375 motherfucking bucks to replace but my awesome dentist’s office decided to give me a deal of $225. I love them.

So, is this some sort of fucked up payback for telling Henry that the dog ate his crappy plastic toy? Seriously, we have had her for over 4 years and she has never chewed up a thing. I can hardly think of any single thing in this house, except for a couple pieces of furniture and our computers, which would cost more to replace. And she couldn’t destroy and ingest them under the bed.

On the other hand, the dental receptionist said this is a pretty common issue. Apparently dogs find the saliva-covered pieces of plastic irresistible. Maybe it was just my appealing saliva and not my lies.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger nonlineargirl said...

Reason number 732 why I am glad I don't have a dog. I like dogs, but I can barely keep track of the things Ada squirrels away. (By the way, reason number 731 is not having to pay hundreds of dollars for alzheimers meds for a dog, as my neighbors are. Apparently the meds help their dog remember not to pee in the house.)

9/28/2006 11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home