Thursday, September 28, 2006

a stinky new low

So, when it rains it pours around here I guess. I can never be trusted to put something on the stove (or in the oven for that matter) and just go check one thing or write one thing or send one email. I am a good cook and generally not a forgetful one with the big exception being when I am at my computer. And not cooking. But things are cooking on the stove. You see the problem. About 40 minutes ago I put almost a half gallon of goat milk on to bring it up to a quick simmer so I could make yogurt. Heat the milk. Cool it down. Add the starter. Pour into the machine. Set the timer. Walk away. Sounded easy enough to do while in the middle of work. The only part I could screw up I did. I forgot the milk on the stove and it boiled absolutely everywhere. Oh, the lost goat milk (raw, directly from the farm). Oh, the mess. Oh, the smell. I can walk away from the mess but the fucking burned all over the burner smell is killing me. Cooking and working just don’t mix for me I guess. And I used to be such a good multi-tasker. Eh.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still in shock you make your own yogurt.

I've had over fired, I feel you pain :)

Hope the smell is gone today.

9/29/2006 10:21 AM  
Blogger mama without instructions said...

smell is better or at least i'm used to it! yogurt is actually really easy and i only do it a few times a year. i promise, i'm really not that impressive.

9/29/2006 10:41 AM  
Blogger Scribbit said...

I agree, I'm impressed with the whole idea of making your own yogurt. My mom used to do it but I've never tried it.

10/04/2006 6:26 AM  
Blogger Heather Bea said...

Sounds like something I would do. I start something and then leave to just go check on something else, of course forgetting what I had started in the first place. Mama brain still gets me sometimes.

10/16/2006 2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home