Thursday, April 13, 2006

a love letter to my dentist

Dear Dr. F,

You are the best dentist I have ever had. You are sweet and friendly and extremely good at what you do. Even the long and arduous procedures I have undergone at your hands have been better than I could have hoped for. You are so precise and detail oriented, while cautious and conservative in your recommendations. You are young and cute and well groomed and seem like you genuinely love what you do. You were the best damn looking 39-week old pregnant lady I have ever seen and you still managed to smile and do a great job. (For that I love/hate you since I was nowhere near as put together and graceful at 39-weeks.) You appear to balance work and motherhood perfectly (if there is such a thing). You fixed my tooth yesterday in a matter of minutes and didn’t charge me. And when we were talking about our spirited, boundary-testing toddlers, you told me that you let your one year old play in the dog’s water until she chucked the thing across the room and you laughed. In that moment I could hardly hold myself back from asking you to be my best friend forever. Until next time…..

1 Comments:

Blogger Sofrito said...

this made me smile... a HUGE smile, thanks!

And I may have to get her name because my dentist has pissed me off twice by insisting I have to wean. Uh, no I don't.

4/14/2006 11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home