Monday, March 20, 2006

17 hours without the boy

I wasn’t sure it was really going to happen but Henry had his first sleep over this weekend with my parents. Jason and I went out to dinner and talked for hours about things of greater and lesser importance. When we got home we were practically giddy and kept saying things like, “we can make noise,” “we can turn this light on.” We agreed that we felt almost guilty but just almost. It was a really nice break. Sadly we both woke up at night feeling a little off and then the damn dog (who usually wakes up around 7:30) woke up to go out at 6:20 (Henry’s usually wake time!). We gladly went back to sleep after that and then walked up the hill to our local tea place to eat and chat. My parents even drove him home and Henry was in a great mood. They looked a little worse from the wear but said they had fun. He did wake up once and then had them up at ten to six but I am not going to feel bad. We really needed it and appreciated it. I hope we can make it a repeat event.

2 Comments:

Blogger nonlineargirl said...

Nice! Maybe next time Henry and DeeDee can sleep over at the grandparents!

3/21/2006 7:13 AM  
Blogger Bridgermama said...

Ahhh...I am basking in the glory of your night alone. Maybe one day I will muster up the courage to leave the wee one with my parents.

3/21/2006 11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home