Thursday, November 26, 2009

happy thanksgiving!

We just got back from my parents' house after a good dinner and some hanging around. The kids are still there, which makes it nice and quiet and easy here. I am definitely thankful for that. We asked the kids what they are thankful for and this morning Henry repeated something we had read in a book about being thankful to bees for honey and trees for apples but when I asked at dinner tonight what his favorite thing is lately he said with a straight face and not an ounce of sarcasm, "for a wonderful mother like you." If he were a year older or maybe a different kid it could have been a completely canned response that he thought we expected but it wasn't and I loved it. Mia would like the world to know that she is thankful for pumpkin pie. Fair enough. I am focusing on how easy my life really is and how surrounded I am by funny, thoughtful and sweet people. For that I am very thankful.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home