Friday, March 17, 2006

freaky friday

Holy crap. I still have an hour left before I have to pick up Henry and I am closing in on the last of my work for the week. I may not have any real work to do this weekend! I can’t believe how long it’s been since that’s been the case. I do have several freelance projects piled up but they are manageable and... and... and... Henry is spending the night with my parents this weekend! Without us! It will be the first time we’ve been apart over night and although I relish the thought of going out to dinner and sleeping in (!), I know it’s going to feel really weird not to have him with us. I guess I’ll deal with that when we get to it. For now, I am psyched and the sun is shining.

The one funny thing about the sleepover deal is that my mom seems to be really nervous about it, like she doesn’t know exactly what to do and there are a million details she needs to know before hand. This makes some sense. I know the sleep habits of small children are serious business. Believe me, I know. But Henry already falls asleep over there two afternoons a week and absolutely loves everything about my parents and their house. And most significant, the kid likes to go to sleep when tired. He actually asks to go “night” and cuddles up with his toys and blanket and that’s it! It has been a long, hard road getting there but it’s awesome now and I don’t think she has anything to worry about. I really hope I’m right.

1 Comments:

Blogger nonlineargirl said...

Ooooh, sleeping in. So nice. Have a great weekend!

3/17/2006 6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home