Friday, March 10, 2006

snack-sized containers are the new socks

Or something like that. Personally, I haven’t lost a sock in the laundry since we moved into a house with our own washer and dryer but for the life of me I can’t keep Henry’s snack containers and their lids matched up. At this point we have about ten containers and at most four lids floating around. It doesn’t help that he likes to hide things but even he can’t be that creative.

In more pressing news, I have decide that I need a vacation. For a while now I have been talking about quitting my job (which still may not be a bad idea) but I can’t figure out what I want to do instead. The current situation is a very flexible and the money is decent and I am good at it so it’s not so easy to leave. I have been really bummed about the amount of time I am spending on work and how working at home has allowed it to eat into all hours of my days and evenings all week long. But recently I realized that I am starting to have the same feeling about other aspects of my life. Like none of it is fair and I am working too hard and am too busy all the time. On one hand, it may be worth looking at my overall lifestyle and expectations for myself, but on the other, what in the heck do I think I should be doing with my time. The fantasy answer is taking a lot of naps and not having my time spoken for. Well, that’s not going to happen anytime soon no matter what I do. Even if I won the lottery and hired a full time nanny, I would be bored in about a week (well, maybe a month). I am way too compulsive to sit around and do nothing anyway. So what I am landing on here is that I need a break and hopefully life will seem much less unfair. I realize that we haven’t had a vacation (aside from holidays with relatives- not a real vacation by any stretch) in many years. And haven’t had a full night’s sleep or slept in past 7am without interruption for two years. I have been trying to get my mom to agree to let him sleep at their house for weeks now but she’s being very annoyingly reluctant. But I think even some time away with Henry would be great. So, the next step is to figure out when and how this is going to happen. I don’t imagine this is an immediate option but even a weekend night or two at the coast might be a good start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home