Monday, March 13, 2006

mama tired

This really should have been my first post. A month or so ago I drove by a parked car with a bumper sticker that said “mama tried” in bold letters. All my poor sleep deprived brain could process was “mama tired” and I thought something to the effect of "right on, no kidding, sister." This is particularly funny to me because I have seen that message on car bumpers for years and listened to the referenced song (the grateful dead version that is) more times than I care to admit during my college years. I realized my mistake almost immediately but I have since driven by that same parked car at least a half of a dozen times and the first thing I see every time is “mama tired.” I guess sometimes the truth is just inescapable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home